2016-2017 Dallas Academy Varsity Cheerleaders
The Varsity and Junior High Cheer Squad spread school spirit as the Dallas Academy football teams take the field in the fall. No experience is necessary and all students are invited to join. The Varsity cheerleading program is for students in grades 9th–12th. The Junior High squad is for students in 6th-8th. The cheerleaders prepare to fire up the stands and help the Dallas Academy community get excited about football season. They give their best effort every day starting in July learning over fifty cheers and chants and five dances.
We begin practice in May to help the student and the parent determine if this is something they are truly interested in before the expense of the uniform and camp is incurred.
- July 19th, 20th, 21st, 26th, 27th, 28th from 8:00-10:00 a.m. (prepare for cheer camp)
- August 9,10, 11, 16, 17, 18 from 12:00-2:00 p.m. (times may change - check with Ms. Rindflish)
- Beginning August 23rd , practice will take place every Monday through Thursday from 7:00-8:00 am.
Cheer Camp Information
Every season Dallas Academy offers students the opportunity to attend a 3 or 4 day NCA cheer camp which is usually held sometime during the summer. Cheer camp 2016 will take place August 1-3 at Dallas Academy. Cheer camp is an ideal way for each team to bond and build team unity!
August 1st 12:00 – 5:00
August 2nd 9:00 – 3:00
August 3rd 9:00 – 12:00 (There will be an opportunity for parents to come see what the girls have
learned before the close of camp)
Dallas Academy Cheerleaders Have Been Honored with the Following Awards:
- Herkie Team Award, the most prestigious award given by NCA. The Herkie TEAM Award, named after NCA founder, L.R. Herkimer, is awarded to squads who exemplify the qualities upon which the NCA was founded. These qualities are: leadership, values and teamwork!
- Most Improved Team Award
- The National Cheerleaders Association selects award winners at each of the over 1,100 camps it administers around the country each summer. In addition to the Herkie TEAM Award, the cheerleaders have earned Superior Ribbons on their evaluations for their cheers and chants. We have had several All American Nominations which is the only honor given on an individual basis.
In addition to the games and practices we believe being involved in the school community is an important part of exercising leadership. The squad is called on to perform at various school events and make newcomers feel welcome. The cheerleaders are available at “New Student Orientation”, Open House, Meet the Teacher Night, Volunteer for DAWG Run, and also make ourselves available for any activity that we can be of assistance.
We will attend all football games which will generally be played on Fridays. All cheerleaders will need to wear tennis shoes, shorts, and t-shirt for practice. They will also need to have a completed physical and a medical release form in order to participate in any practice or games.
LaDonna Rindflish was born in Midland and raised in Corpus Christi before making Dallas her home over twenty years ago. LaDonna worked for several years in the corporate world, including stints in corporate consulting and marketing, until she decided to stay home with her children while they were young. She has been married over thirty years to Mikel Rindflish and they have two daughters, Kayla and Mikelle.
LaDonna joined the Dallas Academy team 10 years ago once she decided to return to the workforce after raising two daughters. LaDonna is a valued asset to the Dallas Academy community. LaDonna enjoys working in the office as registrar, as well as coaching the Dallas Academy Cheerleaders.